Support our work
Every donation made in the next 36 hours will be matched.
We thank our anonymous supporters for their generosity, and you for your continued engagement with Rabbi Sacks’ work.
The Torah is described in the Book of Proverbs (3:18) as “a tree of life to those who hold on to her.”
Throughout his life, Rabbi Sacks zt”l taught and lived a “Judaism engaged with the world,” whose roots deeply connected to our heritage and history, whose branches reached out, and whose fruits were consumed by all of society.
In doing so he inspired Jews to “hold on” to their Judaism and encouraged people of all faiths and of none to see, in Judaism, wisdom relevant to the challenges of the age.
Starting tonight, we celebrate Tu BiShvat, the new year for trees. We think about the future of our physical world and the legacy we want to leave for our children and grandchildren. We are reminded of God’s call “to work it and take care of” His world and of our responsibility to ensure life continues to flourish and grow.
Rabbi Sacks’ teachings continue to inspire so many of us. His writings, timely when published, remain relevant in today’s world. In this respect, Rabbi Sacks remains vividly alive.
That is why, since Rabbi Sacks’ tragic passing in November 2020, we have worked to establish The Rabbi Sacks Legacy Trust. Its mission is to promote the timeless and universal wisdom of Rabbi Sacks as a Teacher of Torah, a Moral Voice, and a Leader of Leaders. We are now looking to move forward with an ambitious programme of activity.
During his lifetime, Rabbi Sacks had a guiding principle that access to his Torah and teachings should not sit behind a paywall, and we are committed to upholding this principle. However, we need your support to achieve this and to expand our plans in several key areas, including:
- Publications: Producing new publications and translations of Rabbi Sacks’ canon of work.
- Digital: Developing and expanding the digital archive of Rabbi Sacks’ articles, videos, and speeches, and making this content available in multiple languages.
- Education: Creating new resources for formal and informal educators to share Rabbi Sacks’ ideas and teachings with future generations.
- Leadership: Inspiring leaders from all segments of the Jewish world to place Jewish values and Rabbi Sacks’ leadership philosophy at the heart of their work.
- Society & Government: Facilitating high-profile global initiatives to showcase the continued relevance of Rabbi Sacks’ ideas to the public conversation.
- Israel: Embedding Rabbi Sacks’ teachings across Israeli society and within the formal and informal education system.
This is just the start of the journey. Help us today to realise our ambitions of ensuring Rabbi Sacks’ legacy continues to be a source of wisdom for the world.
Every donation made in the next 36 hours will be matched. We thank our anonymous supporters for their generosity, and you for your continued engagement with Rabbi Sacks’ work.
This Tu BiShvat, please help us to sow the seeds of growth. Together, we can ensure Rabbi Sacks’ remarkable legacy and teachings continue to blossom and inspire for generations to come.
Thank you very much for your support.