As we approach Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, join Rabbi Sacks in a series of ten short videos to learn what prayer really is and how it can change your life. To read the transcripts for these videos, please click here.
Below is an embedded playlist featuring all ten videos. You can select a different video from the series by clicking on the menu item in the top left-hand corner of the video. Each video includes subtitles in: French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Russian and Spanish (click on the Settings button in the bottom right-hand corner to select the required language).
(1) Spiritual Exercise – This video focuses on how prayer is to the human spirit what exercise is to the human body.
(2) Thanking & Thinking – This video focuses on the importance of recognising that despite the difficult moments, it is important to remember daily that life is a gift.
(3) Praise – This video focuses on how the concept of praise is central to Jewish prayer.
(4) The Deepest Call – This video focuses on the Shofar and how its sound is a prayer that goes deeper than words.
(5) Family – This video focuses on how we believe that to all humanity, God is a friend. But to us, he’s family.
(6) Mistakes – This video focuses on how Judaism doesn’t believe that anyone is infallible; we all make mistakes and it is how we learn from them that counts.
(7) Growth – This video focuses on the difference between a fixed and a growth mindset, and why Judaism, especially around the High Holy Days, is a sustained tutorial in a growth mindset.
(8) Holy Words – This video focuses on how listening and the idea of holy words, places, time and people are central to Judaism.
(9) Framing Beliefs – This video focuses on how Jewish faith isn’t irrational or naive or pre-scientific, but a framing belief.
(10) The Soul’s Language – This video focuses on Kol Nidre and the power of music to lift the Jewish soul.
We are grateful to our generous sponsors who helped enable us to produce this video series. If you are interested in sponsoring future series, then please feel free to be in touch with here.